Area Education Agency 267 (AEA 267) is co- sponsoring Solution Tree’s PLC at Work™ Coaching Academy as a support to districts who have sent staff to the Professional Learning Communities (PLC) Institute and are working to put PLCs in place in their school or district. The purpose of the Academy will be to support the implementation of PLCs by providing education leaders with the knowledge, tools, and skills to effectively coach schools and staffs through the change process.
The PLC at Work Coaching Academy:
- Provides customized PLC training.
- Covers three, two-day sessions over the course of a school year (six days of training).
- Lead by expert PLC Master Coaches who adhere to the NSDC professional development standards.
- Equips administration and staff with the knowledge and tools to implement, lead, and sustain a PLC.
- Offers research-based curriculum customized for coaching academy participants’ school or district.
- Ensures sustainability by training school-based faculty to train others in PLC concepts and applications.
The location for the academy will be at AEA 267 Cedar Falls Conference Center and the dates are listed below. You may want to mark the dates down as there will only be 75 slots available. Districts are encourage to send teams.
- Jan 5-6, 2012
- May 17-18, 2012
- Aug 1-2, 2012
Please find the registration URL below. The website gives more details as to the content of the coaching academy, the role of participants that districts might consider as part of a team, logistics of the academy, as well as the registration information and link.
AEA 267 districts will have three weeks to register before the information is sent to other districts across the state. The intent is to give AEA 267 districts the first opportunity to register, but to also make sure there are enough registrants to be hold the academy. There is room for 15 -20 teams, so be sure to register right away if you are planning to send a team!