Six area educators have been invited to serve on the Iowa Department of Education Competency-Based Instruction Task Force, which was established in Senate File 2284 to study competency-based instruction standards and the integration of competency-based instruction with the Iowa Core, as well as to develop assessment models and professional development for educators.
Among the 35 chosen, local educators include:
- Todd Abrahamson, Grinnell-Newburg Community School District
- Linda Allen, Hawkeye Community College
- Connie Buhr, Hawkeye Community College
- Chris Coffman, Grinnell-Newburg Community School District
- Lyn Countryman, University of Northern Iowa
- Bridgette Wagoner, Waverly-Shell Rock Community School District
The group will hold their first meeting on July 30. For more information, visit the Iowa Department of Education website.